Sunday, November 22, 2009

To Mumbai - My Love PART - I

Mumbai the city of dreams, so it is for many people. Catapulted to international fame, Mumbai hs stayed many problems. Time does not stay there, it just moves fast. Thus it also becomes the city of my dreams.

In this beautiful city, I was born and brought up, having fond memories of my childhood. It took my heart when my parents were transferred to Bangalore, now the Silicon Valley. But now, after 12 long years, I am back to the place I have loved, respected my whole life, as it is till now. Though I am based now in Pune, the city close to my dreams, my heart still dwells in Mumbai.

I am heartened by the spirit that now dwells in Mumbai. Every one saw it and felt it during 26/7 when heavy rains and floods lashed Mumbai. I was saddened during the 7/7 train blasts and 26/11 catastrophe last year. Even now, my blood runs hot when I read about the anniversaries. Even my hands get the adrenaline rush that would propel me to pump bullets into those who ruined the Taj and the Oberoi, killing many people as they willed. I am disheartened when the parties play dirty politics in Mumbai.

Irrespective of these problems that Mumbai faces, Mumbai is still the best city that I could even think of. No other city matches its vigours, its fast life, the ride across the sea link is just so amazing. And now the emergence of the 21 Fahrenheit in Oshiwara. Mumbai is rising, it will go above the rainbows. The skyscrapers that haunt the paush localities, they just daunt the sealines.

Friends, family and others just live by. Acquaintances are just made by. you could never get friendlier people.

Business prospers, though you encounter many difficulties. But these difficulties hone your very skills. It is my work destination, it is my living destination.

In the end, I would want to say this-
" I was born in Mumbai, I will work in Mumbai, and my death will be in Mumbai"

Next in PART - II

No comments: