Monday, December 21, 2009

THE IRONY OF MY LIFE

Life has woven fantasies around me. In spite of many problems, I have come so far. Either I have avoided problems or I have negated them. But, seemingly, like a normal collegiate, I had no clue before in all these 22 years of mine as to what I really wanted to do. I knew what I wanted. I wanted to build a business of my own, to take care of it as if it were my own child. But plans remained plans, they never got implemented.

I have myself to blame. I took subjects that I was never comfortable with. First, my little tryst with science which was never what i wanted to be in the first place. Then I chose computers, though I must say I have a good aptitude in it, but that was my hobby, although I must thank it since I secured a distinction. But actually speaking, has it mattered till now? I don't think so. In the last year of my graduation, I was in doubt, whether to continue on in this field, or whether to join the rat race for a MBA degree from the ivy leagues. This confusion dealt me a huge blow in my life, the after-effects I am feeling even till now.

I decided to pursue the same field despite the so called recession. But I ask myself now, what happened to my dreams? Why did not I pursue them? During graduation, I had made plans for a small event management start-up (which as usual remained plans) which, after some time, would maybe grow big and my dream of doing business would be satisfied. But that plan caught dust, and life went on, me locating myself away from home in Bangalore to pursue my hobbies in Pune. I laugh at myself now, since though I am enjoying my hobbies and the last days of my college life, my dreams are not satiated. Life has already played much into it, now after 22 years, I am hell bent on reviving my dreams. Seeing the upcoming markets for my business in Pune and the already developed market in Mumbai, I see another oppurtunity for me to reclaim myself, to rise above all problems and whatever be the roadblocks in my life, to overcome them instead of stalling them or avoiding them. My conscience beckons to me, sometimes laughs at me, asks me why I didnt heed it? I had it all planned, but why didnt I follow it? This is the irony of my life. But I am not going to let it affect me in the future. I am not going to let it down me, instead, I am going to learn the positives of it all.

No comments: