Tuesday, December 22, 2009

An Ode To A Best Friend

Friends!!!Every one has them, even the introverts of introverts, someone to share with, both joys and sorrows, friendship is eternal, always stand by you in your bad times. But not all are that close, there is a breed among them called Best Friends. You, I and everyone have at least a set of friends who come in the Best Friends category. Yes, I have one. The one who I know, with whom I can open my heart, who I know can stand by me, who I know can vouch for me.

There are some, not one but yes, I seem to pour out my feelings in front of this one more than others. And the fact being that this one is a girl is something great. Sometimes I feel, it is hard to fathom her, one cannot understand her so easily and other times, I feel I can think what she is thinking. That is what best friends are all about. To understand each other and stand by. They will never fail you. (Please do not consider this as LOVE!!!coz then u r mistaken....Love can fail you but not friendship).

This last year has been very trying, the year of 2009. Many problems had beset me, both medical and career wise. In the mid-year, I had thought my life is doomed. Once I was an optimist, then I became a pessimist. I had lost all hope, for my decisions had long gone awry, I had taken my worst decisions. Life was all rolling apart, plans remained plans, everything was getting dull and dreary. I did not know what to do and started inculcating a negative attitude in my life. I started to think of more abominable solutions I could ever imagine. I did not let even my friends get close to me, I started living in solitude, withdrawing into my shell, closing my mind and heart to all else that moves in the world. I stopped having fun, I started sulking in the very environment that I had built for myself. Visits to shrines did not help in a major way. But opening my heart to this friend of mine helped a lot.

It was she who helped me concentrate on my life, she who revived my optimism in some way or atleast inspired to, it was she who almost revived me again. And in the end I started taking it all in the positive. I learnt from my mistakes in the past, I recouped my blunders, I realised my dreams and ever since, I have started working towards them. Now I feel somewhat satisfied.

On an ending note, I would say I am lucky to have my friends with me, and I am grateful to life that this girl is my best friend. She is as her name suggests, which means friendship, affection and care.

2 comments:

VKM said...

How true your words are Vroom....true friendship is a blessing and such a friend can indeed change your life......when i read your post i was thinking about my friends.....some have really changed my attitude towards life in some way or other.....and the best friend be it a girl or a boy is something to be cherished and treasured....do not let anything happen to your friendship....

varun the cool said...

i wont let anything happen to any kind of friendship....ppl know how friendly I am and I will be so until my end....